– Zirui won the Outstanding Paper Award for the MLSys 2022.
– “QuadraLib: A Performant Quadratic Neural Network Library for Architecture Optimization and Design Exploration”
– Yongbo won the Best Poster Award at the at MLSys-CrossFL 2022 Workshop on Cross Community Federated Learning..
– “Powering Multi-Task Federated Learning with Competitive GPU Resource Sharing”
– Congratulations to Dr. Fuxun Yu, the third doctoral student who graduated from our laboratory.
– Upon his graduation, Fuxun Yu also received the GMU Award of Outstanding Academic Achievement.
– Xiang Chen, Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), received the NSF CAREER Award funding from the National Science Foundation for the project: ( “CAREER: ‘Adapt, Learn, Collaborate’ — Closing the Pervasive Edge AI.”)
– Dr. Chen will receive total funding of $580,000 from NSF for this award. Funding will begin in July 2022 and will end in late June 2027.
– Fuxun Yu and his teammates won the Winner Award for the IEEE Services Hackathon Competition 2020.
– “Federated Learning System for Transportation Mode Prediction based on Personal Mobility”
– Dr. Xiang Chen and the Co-PI Dr. Zhi (Gerry) Tian from George Mason University received grants of $499,999 from the National Science Foundation (NSF).
October 1st, 2020 ~ December 31st, 2024
MLWiNS: Decentralized Heterogeneous Deep Learning for Efficient Wireless Spectrum Monitoring
– “ AntiDOte: Attention-based Dynamic Optimization for Neural Network Runtime Efficiency ” received the Best Paper Nomination from the 23rd International Conference on Design Automation and Test in Europe ( DATE) 2020.
– Dr. Xiang Chen and the Co-PI Dr. Yiran Chen from Duke University received grants of $500,000 from the National Science Foundation (NSF).
September 1st, 2017~ August 31st, 2020
CSR: Small: Collaborative Research: EUReCa: Enabling Untethered VR/AR System via Human-centric Graphic Computing and Distributed Data Processing
– Dr. Chen attended the International Conference on Design Automation and Test in Europe ( DATE) 2017 at Lausanne Swiss.
– We also received the Best Paper Award for the embedded system track.
The Conference Site of DATE 2016
Dr. Xiang Chen, Dr. Yiran Chen, and Kent Nixon
receiving the Best Paper Award
– “ MoDNN: Local Distributed Mobile Computing System for Deep Neural Network” received the Best Paper Award from the 20th International Conference on Design Automation and Test in Europe ( DATE) 2017.
– “ Scope – Quality Retaining Display Rendering Workload Scaling based on User-Smartphone Distance” received the Best Paper Nomination from the 35th International Conference on Computer-Aided Design ( ICCAD) 2016.