– One Paper is accepted by the ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS) 2022.
“LanceX: A Versatile and Lightweight Defense Method against Condensed Adversarial Attacks”
– Representing GMU, Dr. Chen attended the ORNL Core Universities AI Workshop held by the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) at Arlington VA.
– One Paper has been accepted by the IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD) 2022.
“AntiDoteX: Attention-Based Dynamic Optimization for Neural Network Runtime Efficiency”
– Dr. Chen served as the General Chair for the CloudSummit 2022 and hosted the conference at the GMU campus.
The IEEE Cloud Summit is an annual flagship conference organized by the IEEE Computer Society and the Technical Committee on Cloud Computing. The conference was sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society and aimed to provide a platform for showcasing and exchanging cloud computing-related research and recent best practices. Experts and scholars from many industry-leading companies and universities all over the world would contribute to this platform by sharing and presenting their research works. In this year of 2022, the IEEE Cloud Summit conference was held in a hybrid manner mixing virtual and in-person attendance.
This year, we are honored to have three Distinguished Keynote speakers:
– Dr. Gurdip Singh (the Division Director for Computer and Network Systems (CNS) in the CISE Directorate at the National Science Foundation (NSF) Dr. Singh is also a Professor and the Divisional Dean of the School of Computing at George Mason University.
– Dr. Raju Namburu leads the development of the Information Technology Laboratory’s (ITL) computational sciences and engineering. Dr. Raju Namburu represents DoD as a member of the US National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) subcommittee for the future advanced computing echo system.
– Dr. Viktor K. Prasanna is the Charles Lee Powell Chair in Engineering in the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Professor of Computer Science at the University of Southern California (USC). He is also the director of the Center for Energy Informatics at USC and leads the FPGA (fpga.usc.edu) and Data Science Labs (dslab.usc.edu).
We also have 18 industry technical talks this year, which are presented by the Cloud and AI developers and practitioners from Google, CVS Health, H2O.ai, DataRobot, and Deloitte. And special thanks to H2O.ai, DataRobot, and Deloitte for sponsoring this year’s conference. Benefiting from the industry support, we saw competing companies learning from each other’s products and ideas.
– Welcome Chenhui Xu, Min Zhang, Tianhao Wu joining the Intelligence Fusion Lab (IF-Lab).
– Zirui won the Outstanding Paper Award for the MLSys 2022.
– “QuadraLib: A Performant Quadratic Neural Network Library for Architecture Optimization and Design Exploration”
– Yongbo won the Best Poster Award at the at MLSys-CrossFL 2022 Workshop on Cross Community Federated Learning..
– “Powering Multi-Task Federated Learning with Competitive GPU Resource Sharing”
– Dr. Chen attended the the 5th International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence of Things, at the 28th SigKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 2022).
– Dr. Chen also gave the talk of “Rethinking GPU Computing for Multi-Tenant Artificial Intelligence”.
– Congratulations to Dr. Fuxun Yu, the third doctoral student who graduated from our laboratory.
– Dr. Fuxun Yu joins the Microsoft Research Lab@Seattle as a Senior Researcher directly (short cutting a three-year of promotion)!
– Congratulations to Dr. Zirui Xu, the second doctoral student who graduated from our laboratory.
– Dr. Zirui Xu joins the CVS Health Research Lab as a Cloud Engineer.
– Dr. Chen served as the steering chair for the NSF Workshop on Redefining the Future of Computer Architecture from First Principles (NSF Arch-1 2022).