– Dr. Chen served as the Local Chair for the the CHASE 2022 and hosted at Crystal City.
– Dr. Chen also received the Conference Service Award for his significant contribution to the conference hosting.
The IEEE/ACM international conference on Connected Health: Applications, Systems and Engineering Technologies (CHASE) is a leading international conference in the field of connected health. CHASE aims to bring together researchers working in the smart and connected health areas around the world to exchange innovative ideas and begin collaborations. Topics within the scope of CHASE include sensing, communications, and intelligent analytics in support of health-related applications, systems, and engineering technologies. Connected health will revolutionize preventative health and personalized medicine, providing rich medical information never before avaliable to individuals while driving down healthcare costs. Connected health is at the intersection of many fields, including, but not limited to, wearable technologies, data management and security, and sensing technologies. As such, we encourage contributions from many different fields and welcome cross-disciplinary work.
– Dr. Chen served as the General Chair for the CloudSummit 2022 and hosted the conference at the GMU campus.
The IEEE Cloud Summit is an annual flagship conference organized by the IEEE Computer Society and the Technical Committee on Cloud Computing. The conference was sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society and aimed to provide a platform for showcasing and exchanging cloud computing-related research and recent best practices. Experts and scholars from many industry-leading companies and universities all over the world would contribute to this platform by sharing and presenting their research works. In this year of 2022, the IEEE Cloud Summit conference was held in a hybrid manner mixing virtual and in-person attendance.
This year, we are honored to have three Distinguished Keynote speakers:
– Dr. Gurdip Singh (the Division Director for Computer and Network Systems (CNS) in the CISE Directorate at the National Science Foundation (NSF) Dr. Singh is also a Professor and the Divisional Dean of the School of Computing at George Mason University.
– Dr. Raju Namburu leads the development of the Information Technology Laboratory’s (ITL) computational sciences and engineering. Dr. Raju Namburu represents DoD as a member of the US National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) subcommittee for the future advanced computing echo system.
– Dr. Viktor K. Prasanna is the Charles Lee Powell Chair in Engineering in the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Professor of Computer Science at the University of Southern California (USC). He is also the director of the Center for Energy Informatics at USC and leads the FPGA (fpga.usc.edu) and Data Science Labs (dslab.usc.edu).
We also have 18 industry technical talks this year, which are presented by the Cloud and AI developers and practitioners from Google, CVS Health, H2O.ai, DataRobot, and Deloitte. And special thanks to H2O.ai, DataRobot, and Deloitte for sponsoring this year’s conference. Benefiting from the industry support, we saw competing companies learning from each other’s products and ideas.
– The senior design project of “RVVR: Remote Video Telecommunication Framework based on Virtual Reality” is completed!
– Thanks to all the team members: Kyle A Quinn, Geoge Andrews, Thao Vy Vo, and Yuqi Hong.