– Xiang Chen, Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), received the NSF CAREER Award funding from the National Science Foundation for the project: (“CAREER: ‘Adapt, Learn, Collaborate’ — Closing the Pervasive Edge AI.”)
– Dr. Chen will receive total funding of $580,000 from NSF for this award. Funding will begin in July 2022 and will end in late June 2027.
– One Paper is accepted by the IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD) 2020.
“REIN the RobuTS: Robust DNN-based Image Recognition in Autonomous Driving Systems”
“DiReCtX: Dynamic Resource- Aware CNN Reconfiguration Framework for Real-Time Mobile Application”
– Two Papers are accepted by the Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision
“Deep Learning Alternating Direction Method of Multipliers” is accepted as a regular paper;
“DoPa: A Fast and Comprehensive CNN Defense Methodology against Physical Adversarial Attacks” is accepted as a workshop paper for the Workshop on Artificial Intelligence of Things hosted by the Microsoft Research.
– One Paper is accepted by the Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR) 2021.
“COKE: Communication-Censored Decentralized Kernel Learning”
– One Paper is accepted by the 30th ACM SigKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
“Fed2: Feature-Aligned Federated Learning” is accepted as a regular paper.
– Dr. Chen served as the steering chair for the NSF Workshop on Processing-in-Memory Technology 2021 (NSF-PIM 2021).
– One Paper is accepted by the 58th Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2021.
“Helios: Heterogeneity-Aware Federated Learning with Dynamically Balanced Collaboration”