– Dr. Chen attended the 29th IEEE System-on-Chip Conference (SoCC) 2016 at Seattle WA.
– Dr. Chen also presented the paper of “Practical Power Consumption Analysis with Current Smartphones”.
– Dr. Chen started his new position as the Assistant Professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the George Mason University (GMU), Fairfax VA.
– The Intelligence Fusion Laboratory (IF-Lab) was launched at GMU.
– Dr. Chen is appointed as Associate Editor of ACM/SIGDA E-Newsletter.
– Dr. Chen visited the HP Labs at Palo Alto CA, hosted by the senior researcher Dr. Miao Hu and Dr. Cong Xu.
– Dr. Chen acted as the local organizer and session moderator of the IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI) 2016 at Pittsburgh PA.
– Also, it’s the Pittsburgh’s Bicentennial Festival. Happy 200th Birthday to Pittsburgh.
– Dr. Chen attended the Neuromorphic Computing Workshop held by the Department of Energy (DoE) at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), together with Dr. Yiran Chen and Dr. Helen Li from the University of Pittsburgh.
– Dr. Chen attended the 53rd Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2016 at Austin TX.
– Dr. Chen also presented the paper of “MORPh: Mobile OLED- friendly Recording and Playback System for Low Power Video Streaming”.