– Two Papers are accepted by the 5th ACM/IEEE Symposium on Edge Computing (SEC) 2020.
“Exploring the Design Space of Efficient Deep Neural Networks”
“Exploring Decentralized Collaboration in Heterogeneous Edge Training”
– Congratulations to Dr. Zhuwei Qin, the first doctoral student graduated from our laboratory.
– Dr. Qin joins San Francisco State University as an Assistant Professor.
– Dr. Xiang Chen and the Co-PI Dr. Zhi (Gerry) Tian from George Mason University received grants of $499,999 from the National Science Foundation (NSF).
October 1st, 2020 ~ December 31st, 2024
MLWiNS: Decentralized Heterogeneous Deep Learning for Efficient Wireless Spectrum Monitoring
– One Paper is accepted by the 33rd IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Workshop on Vision for all Seasons: Adverse Weather and Lighting Conditions (ECCV) 2020.
“An Image Enhancing Pattern-based Sparsity for Real-time Inference on Mobile Devices”
– One Paper is accepted by the 33rd IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Workshop on Vision for all Seasons: Adverse Weather and Lighting Conditions (CVPR-V4AS) 2020.
“Unsupervised Domain Adaptation for Object Detection via Cross-Domain Semi-Supervised Learning”
– “AntiDOte: Attention-based Dynamic Optimization for Neural Network Runtime Efficiency ” received the Best Paper Nomination from the 23rd International Conference on Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE) 2020.
– Dr. Chen attended the 57th Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2020 at Houston TX.
– Three Papers are accepted by the 24th Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASP-DAC) 2019.
“LanCe: A Comprehensive and Lightweight CNN Defense Methodology against Physical Adversarial Attacks on Embedded Multimedia Applications”
“Tiny but Accurate: A Pruned, Quantized and Optimized Memristor Crossbar Framework for Ultra-Efficient DNN Implementation”
– Dr. Chen was invited to the school seminar at the University of the District of Columbia, Washington D.C.
– Dr. Chen gave the talk “The Software and Hardware Approaches for Deep Learning Security Enhancement”.
– Dr. Chen served as the local chair and poster session chair for the 4th ACM/IEEE Symposium on Edge Computing (SEC) 2019 at Arlington, VA.