– Our paper of “Scope – Quality Retaining Display Rendering Workload Scaling based on User-Smartphone Distance” received the Best Paper Nomination from the 35th International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD) 2016.
– Welcome Jay Kim joining the IF-Lab. He is pursuing his bachelor degree in the Computer Science department currently.
– Dr. Chen is appointed as the local chair for the 4th ACM International Conference on Nanoscale Computing and Communication (NanoCom) 2017.
– Genqian Hu, Po-Shun Liu, and Chien-Hung Shun joined the Intelligence Fusion Lab (IF-Lab). They are pursuing their master degrees in the Electrical Computer Engineering and the Computer Science department currently.
– Dr. Chen acted as the local organizer and session moderator of the Embedded Systems Week (ESWeeK) 2016 at Pittsburgh PA.
– Qide Dong joined the Intelligence Fusion Lab (IF-Lab). He graduated from the Zhejiang University. He is pursuing his master degree in the Computer Science department currently.
– Dr. Chen attended the 29th IEEE System-on-Chip Conference (SoCC) 2016 at Seattle WA.
– Dr. Chen also presented the paper of “Practical Power Consumption Analysis with Current Smartphones”.
The Intelligence Fusion Lab is directed by Dr. Xiang Chen from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the George Mason University. The lab’s major research investigation is focused on mobile computing, wearable devices, and embedded systems. The research topics may involve deep learning application and acceleration, distributed mobile computing, machine learning security, mobile display, and graphics, as well as VR/AR technologies.
The main campus of George Mason University is located in the City of Fairfax, Virginia, approximately 15 miles (24 km) west of Washington, DC. Mason is now ranked among the highest research institutions by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. U.S. News and World Report rank Mason as one of the top 10 “Up-and-Coming Institutions” for national universities, and top 100 “Best Engineering Graduate Schools” in Electrical & Computer Engineering (#82 in CE). It is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia.
We are looking for the Ph.D. students on the topics of mobile computing, mobile system development, machine learning, distributed system and etc. Please contact at xchen26 at gmu dot edu
– Dr. Chen started his new position as the Assistant Professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the George Mason University (GMU), Fairfax VA.
– The Intelligence Fusion Laboratory (IF-Lab) was launched at GMU.