– One Paper is accepted by the ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS) 2022.
“LanceX: A Versatile and Lightweight Defense Method against Condensed Adversarial Attacks”
Month: October 2022
ORNL Core Universities AI Workshop (ORNLAIWS 2022)
– Representing GMU, Dr. Chen attended the ORNL Core Universities AI Workshop held by the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) at Arlington VA.
One Paper is Accepted by the IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD)
– One Paper has been accepted by the IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD) 2022.
“AntiDoteX: Attention-Based Dynamic Optimization for Neural Network Runtime Efficiency”
General Chair, CloudSummit 2022 at GMU
– Dr. Chen served as the General Chair for the CloudSummit 2022 and hosted the conference at the GMU campus.
The IEEE Cloud Summit is an annual flagship conference organized by the IEEE Computer Society and the Technical Committee on Cloud Computing. The conference was sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society and aimed to provide a platform for showcasing and exchanging cloud computing-related research and recent best practices. Experts and scholars from many industry-leading companies and universities all over the world would contribute to this platform by sharing and presenting their research works. In this year of 2022, the IEEE Cloud Summit conference was held in a hybrid manner mixing virtual and in-person attendance.
This year, we are honored to have three Distinguished Keynote speakers:
– Dr. Gurdip Singh (the Division Director for Computer and Network Systems (CNS) in the CISE Directorate at the National Science Foundation (NSF) Dr. Singh is also a Professor and the Divisional Dean of the School of Computing at George Mason University.
– Dr. Raju Namburu leads the development of the Information Technology Laboratory’s (ITL) computational sciences and engineering. Dr. Raju Namburu represents DoD as a member of the US National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) subcommittee for the future advanced computing echo system.
– Dr. Viktor K. Prasanna is the Charles Lee Powell Chair in Engineering in the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Professor of Computer Science at the University of Southern California (USC). He is also the director of the Center for Energy Informatics at USC and leads the FPGA (fpga.usc.edu) and Data Science Labs (dslab.usc.edu).
We also have 18 industry technical talks this year, which are presented by the Cloud and AI developers and practitioners from Google, CVS Health, H2O.ai, DataRobot, and Deloitte. And special thanks to H2O.ai, DataRobot, and Deloitte for sponsoring this year’s conference. Benefiting from the industry support, we saw competing companies learning from each other’s products and ideas.