– Dr. Chen acted as the local organizer and session moderator of the Embedded Systems Week (ESWeeK) 2016 at Pittsburgh PA.
– Qide Dong joined the Intelligence Fusion Lab (IF-Lab). He graduated from the Zhejiang University. He is pursuing his master degree in the Computer Science department currently.
– Dr. Chen attended the 29th IEEE System-on-Chip Conference (SoCC) 2016 at Seattle WA.
– Dr. Chen also presented the paper of “Practical Power Consumption Analysis with Current Smartphones”.
The Intelligence Fusion Lab is directed by Dr. Xiang Chen from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the George Mason University. The lab’s major research investigation is focused on mobile computing, wearable devices, and embedded systems. The research topics may involve deep learning application and acceleration, distributed mobile computing, machine learning security, mobile display, and graphics, as well as VR/AR technologies.
The main campus of George Mason University is located in the City of Fairfax, Virginia, approximately 15 miles (24 km) west of Washington, DC. Mason is now ranked among the highest research institutions by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. U.S. News and World Report rank Mason as one of the top 10 “Up-and-Coming Institutions” for national universities, and top 100 “Best Engineering Graduate Schools” in Electrical & Computer Engineering (#82 in CE). It is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia.
We are looking for the Ph.D. students on the topics of mobile computing, mobile system development, machine learning, distributed system and etc. Please contact at xchen26 at gmu dot edu
– Dr. Chen started his new position as the Assistant Professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the George Mason University (GMU), Fairfax VA.
– The Intelligence Fusion Laboratory (IF-Lab) was launched at GMU.
– Dr. Chen is appointed as Associate Editor of ACM/SIGDA E-Newsletter.
– Dr. Chen visited the HP Labs at Palo Alto CA, hosted by the senior researcher Dr. Miao Hu and Dr. Cong Xu.
– Dr. Chen acted as the local organizer and session moderator of the IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI) 2016 at Pittsburgh PA.
– Also, it’s the Pittsburgh’s Bicentennial Festival. Happy 200th Birthday to Pittsburgh.
– Dr. Chen attended the Neuromorphic Computing Workshop held by the Department of Energy (DoE) at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), together with Dr. Yiran Chen and Dr. Helen Li from the University of Pittsburgh.